For Bringing New Affiliates Into The OAC Project
- Identify contacts and obtain addresses, phone numbers,
and e-mail addresses. This list should include all the
names of individuals to be added to the project listserv
New affiliates may contact:
*Gabriela A. Montoya
250 Moffitt Library
Electronic Text Unit
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, California 94720
Phone: (510) 642-0911
*In cases where Gabriela may be away from the phone, please feel free to contact:
Alvin Pollock at the above phone number as well.
- Familiarize new affiliates with the project guidelines
and procedures for participating.
Add names to listserv. Announce new affiliates to the
list and welcome them.
Set up procedures for FTP'ing finding aids to the project.
- Have affiliates send finding aid files in the original wordprocessing format.
- Advise affiliates to NOT send files as e-mail attachments.
- Inform affiliates of precautions to be taken if/when mailing finding aid files on a floppy via mail (i.e. take extra care in packaging the floppy so as to prevent damage).
Add new table in Access database for OAC affiliates.
Gather pertinent information in order to set up the
template for the institution.
Do first finding aid as a priority in order to establish
the review and publication procedures.
Set up new institution collection in DynaWeb
- Outline the procedures for corrections (quality control).
- Offer to give the institution the sgml-encoded archival file.
Add finding aids to queue awaiting conversion; establish
priorities for conversion.
Review and publish finished finding aids.
© 1999 University of California Regents. All rights
OAC Affiliates Procedures maintained by Gabriela Montoya | firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised: April 12, 1999